Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

2009 was a year of transition. New job, life status changes, ie. engaged, and a lot of moves.

1) I lived in 3 different places during the course of 2009. Nuts. I am sick of moving.

2) I learned what I have to do fitness-wise to enjoy life as I get older.

3) A real job. Work is neat. For once, I get to apply my knowledge that i have spent a lifetime accumulating in school.

4) Writing. Writing emails and blogs is different from real writing. I learned that the hard way, but I am happy with my improvement. And I'll only continue to improve.

5a) Engaged. It's nice I have met my teammate for the rest of my life. Now, it is just a matter of patience for us to wait and being our life together. There is a lot we have to look forward, and I think the wedding is only first of many things to come. I

5b) It's kind of auto-pilot for the guy after the proposal. But I will never forget May 2, 2009 for the rest of my life. Neither will she. The planning and thought leading to it is an incredible experience. And the moment itself? It's indescribable. The only thing you wait for is her answer, though you know the answer already by the look in her eye.

6) Homesickness. It really hit me this year. I miss my family, I'd like to be closer to them distance wise. They're a 3.5 hrs plane flight right now, but a 3 hr car drive would be nice, too.

7) JJ Abrams. You had a great year. Good work.

8) Go Horns. If they win in 1 week, they have chance to do something really special for the next 5-7 years. The door is open for them to become a dynasty. It's up to them to step up and do it.

1 comment:

s-fizzle said...

I am super happy for you Rahul! Things are starting to come together and 2010 will be a great year. I hope we can celebrate some of it together. :) Congrats on ....everything!