Thursday, March 25, 2010

Upcoming Stuff

I have not had as much time as I had hoped for to write. As luck would have it, though, I have been working on a slew of essays for an essay writing class. I think I will post them as my "posts". I need to turn them in first, however.

In other free time, I have spent time helping to plan this wedding that is coming soon - 10 weeks. 10 weeks seems long, but it will go by quickly. The only thing left to determine are the unforeseeable problems that will come up. It would not be a wedding unless things went wrong. I do not intend to become upset unless more than 9 think go wrong between May 1 - June 5, the homestretch.

I like our wedding date, 6.5.2010. In general, I like numbers, and it is fun for me to know we are getting married on the 5th day of a month, and the digits of the date add up to 5 (6+5+2+1=14 -> 1+4 -> 5). I think there probably is someone out there who has assigned meaning to this randomness, however, for me, it is merely a way to pass the time. It's fun; nothing more, nothing less.

I never thought I would ever get praised for my use of semicolons, however, the writing instructor maintained I use semicolon courageously and properly. I like semicolons because they convey the types of pauses or breaks in thoughts I myself have ongoing in my head. I dunno if that is courageous, but I will not turn away compliment from this woman; she is a good writer and her comments on our writing reflect her acumen.

Okay, I need to head to a meeting, but one should expect to start seeing me post my essays up here soon.

1 comment:

The Bot said...

Semicolons are vastly underrated, IMO. Of all the ppl I know, you and I are the only ones that use them in our e-mails.